One of the hardest parts of eating healthy for me is pizza. Inevitably if I’m watching what I’m eating my husband is not. Typically he wants pizza at least once a week. Now I’m ok with ordering him a pizza and me eating something else. But then he feels bad that I ordered a pizza just for him. So instead of feeling guilty I’ll indulge. I wanted to create something with all the flavor of pizza, that was filling enough for my husband, and was low enough in calories to fit into my daily allowance. We tweaked it over a couple of times making the recipe and I think I’m pretty much set. My husband was skeptical but each time I made it, he said he enjoyed it and I “could make that again” (the highest form of praise for my cooking).
Lean & Meaty Individual Thin Pizzas
Makes 2 servings
- 1 Spinach & Asiago flavored chicken sausage link
- 17 slices (1 serving) turkey pepperoni
- 2 whole wheat sandwich thins, toasted*
- 2 wedges Mozzarella & Sun-Dried tomato Laughing Cow Light cheese
- 6-7 Tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 1/3 cup part-skim, low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder & Italian seasoning, to taste
*Don’t toast fully as you will bake the pizzas after. Toasting just ensures the “crust” is crispy and not soggy.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven (what I used) to 400F.
- Lay 4 sandwich thin halves open-face style on a plate, cooking sheet, or cleaned counter. Spread 1/2 wedge Laughing cow cheese on each half.
- Place about 1 1/2 Tbsp pizza sauce over top the Laughing Cow cheese.
- Remove casing from chicken sausage and chop meat into small pieces. Chop pepperoni into small pieces as well. Divide meats into 4 groups and place on top each of the four sandwich thin halves.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella on top of that. Sprinkle with garlic powder and italian seasoning to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The Skinny: 400 calories | 27g carbs | 21g fat | 34gpro
Source: A Fit for my Princes original